Hello from MN! I have so many questions for you all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cassie Johnson, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cassie Johnson

Cassie Johnson Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2017
    Hi guys! So glad to be here! I've enjoyed this site for a long time before finally getting involved. I am new the owning chickens. We had them when I was a small child and understood very little back then so I feel extremely new at this! We moved to our little hobby farm in November and got 30 chicks this spring! Rhode island reds, brown legborns, easter eggers, black/jersey gians and one olive ever (had two but lost one as a chick). We lost 2 chicks very early on, so we have 28, 3 month old birds. Hope no one gets too annoyed when I start asking my probably stupid questions! Lol! But, from what I've seen, you all seem like a very nice, knowledgeable group of chicken lovers and I'm excited to be here! Thanks!

2. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC!

Nice group of breeds there!
    No question is stupid here!So don't ever ever think that!

Cassie Johnson likes this.
  3. Cassie Johnson

Cassie Johnson Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2017
    Oh! And some of my other hobbies include, gardening and playing with my horses, dogs and cats.

My family is, me, my husband and my daughter (in my avatar picture. She's too cute!).

4. Hello C. J. :welcome glad to have you in the chicken house . Not to worry we all have and do ask dumb questions . I'd like to tell I know all the answers but that would be a big ole lie. So ask away I'm sure someone has the right answer . If not then we'll just act like we do :frow

CTKen and Cassie Johnson like this.
  5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Go ahead ask away. If we don't know the answers, we'd be proud to make some up. Just kidding. You may want to explore the Learning Center, the best place to start a chicken education. It has answers to questions, you haven't even thought of yet.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have to take issue with this answer..It implies there is something I don't know....We all know that would be impossible, and I know everything....:old:old

:lau

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Ralphie, I think you still have chickadees on the brain :confused:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by