Hello from North Texas

Sam-I-Am

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 28, 2014
Greetings, all egg-cellent chicken folk.

I'm a future chicken person in North Texas. I currently live in a city that allows chickens on 1/2 an acre and we only have 1/4. But in the very near future we hope to buy land out further away from the DFW concrete jungle. One of the first things I want to build on our property is a chicken house. And because I'm huge into planning things, I'm already researching breeds and coops and local predators. My husband is VERY handy and loves to build things so I keep showing him coop designs. He thinks my chicken obsession is cute and we don't even have chickens yet. I've always wanted to, though, so he knew what he was getting when he married me.

Let's see, what else. We have two little girls (3 and 9 months) and we are total geeks; we own an IT consulting firm and have a ridiculous number of geek gadgets at home. I love to garden and cook and bake and get to be a mostly-stay-at-home wife and mom. I also work for our church about 3 weekends a month. We are totally into self-sufficiency and do what we can, living on a tiny lot in suburbia. We both grew up country kids (me in Northern California; he in Minnesota) and can't wait to get back to our roots.

welcome-byc.gif

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you onboard with us
frow.gif

Well I hate to say it but you can put your IT experience to work
in the chicken coop as well with automatic feeders lights and
automatic door openers so now you will just have another avenue
or direction to work in so get to work
smile.png

A part of my small flock
love.gif