Hello from Ohio!

debwhitt

Chirping
Jul 18, 2016
Circleville ohio
Im new here to posting, however I've been using all your info as I am a beginner at incubating. I've been raising ( store bought chicks) for about 5 years. I currently have 2 buff orphingtons, 1 silver lace Wyandot, 1 isa brown, 3 MLD's( I hatched 4 weeks ago, and I currently have a dozen Wellsummer eggs in the bator due Wednesday this week, all look viable as far as I can tell with them being so dark it's impossible to see movement. I've only tried 4 times to hatch, the first time was a disaster, the second time I hatched 3 of 6. The third time I hatched 6 of 8 (welsummers I gave to my son) and this time... Well we will see.... I'm excited!! I live on a large lot right outside of town, we have no ordinance at all for chickens, however to be polite I will give any roosters to me son who keeps around 4o chickens on 6 acres. I have a 10x12 run that is 6.5' tall and a insulated coop inside so it fits around 10 chickens happily, I only keep 6 at a time in there. I keep them mainly as pets with egg benefits. My grandsons are learning responsibilities as a bonus!! I thought I was a little strange to love these birds so much,but as I can see I'm in good company here!! It's an informative group and I appreciate all the fantastic articles, it has really improved my incubation skills!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

We are so glad you could join our community! We sure are full of all the fun, learning and chicken chatting.

Good luck with this hatch! Hatching disasters happen in the beginning. I know my first one wasn't the best and I only had a couple hatch. But we learn as we go.

Sounds like you are on the right path however with a great coop and run! No, you are not alone in loving your chickens to pieces. So many of us here consider these feathered friends like family. Only the best for the birds!
smile.png

Make yourself at home here and if you do have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock! :)

Day 20, I'm so nervous, I normally see the eggs rocking and hear peeps by now, I did set a little lower temp this time so I'm giving it longer, I reaalllly need to hatch a Wellsummer roo for my son! I got 6 hens last time, only me!!!!! Normally hope for more hens! Here's a cute pic of my M L F babies

Day 20, I'm so nervous, I normally see the eggs rocking and hear peeps by now, I did set a little lower temp this time so I'm giving it longer, I reaalllly need to hatch a Wellsummer roo for my son! I got 6 hens last time, only me!!!!! Normally hope for more hens! Here's a cute pic of my M L F babies

:welcome.welcome to BYC!!!!cute babies you have there!!im so glad you joined!!!
Best,kyndra

Back
Top Bottom