Hello from Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by debwhitt, Jul 18, 2016.

1. debwhitt

debwhitt In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2016
    Circleville ohio
    Im new here to posting, however I've been using all your info as I am a beginner at incubating. I've been raising ( store bought chicks) for about 5 years. I currently have 2 buff orphingtons, 1 silver lace Wyandot, 1 isa brown, 3 MLD's( I hatched 4 weeks ago, and I currently have a dozen Wellsummer eggs in the bator due Wednesday this week, all look viable as far as I can tell with them being so dark it's impossible to see movement. I've only tried 4 times to hatch, the first time was a disaster, the second time I hatched 3 of 6. The third time I hatched 6 of 8 (welsummers I gave to my son) and this time... Well we will see.... I'm excited!! I live on a large lot right outside of town, we have no ordinance at all for chickens, however to be polite I will give any roosters to me son who keeps around 4o chickens on 6 acres. I have a 10x12 run that is 6.5' tall and a insulated coop inside so it fits around 10 chickens happily, I only keep 6 at a time in there. I keep them mainly as pets with egg benefits. My grandsons are learning responsibilities as a bonus!! I thought I was a little strange to love these birds so much,but as I can see I'm in good company here!! It's an informative group and I appreciate all the fantastic articles, it has really improved my incubation skills!!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

We are so glad you could join our community! We sure are full of all the fun, learning and chicken chatting.

Good luck with this hatch! Hatching disasters happen in the beginning. I know my first one wasn't the best and I only had a couple hatch. But we learn as we go.

Sounds like you are on the right path however with a great coop and run! No, you are not alone in loving your chickens to pieces. So many of us here consider these feathered friends like family. Only the best for the birds! [​IMG]

Make yourself at home here and if you do have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! That sounds like a great flock! Good luck with your hatch, that is so exciting! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock

1 person likes this.
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - good luck with your hatch.

Best wishes
    Ct

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. debwhitt

debwhitt In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2016
    Circleville ohio
    Day 20, I'm so nervous, I normally see the eggs rocking and hear peeps by now, I did set a little lower temp this time so I'm giving it longer, I reaalllly need to hatch a Wellsummer roo for my son! I got 6 hens last time, only me!!!!! Normally hope for more hens! Here's a cute pic of my M L F babies[​IMG]

9. :welcome.welcome to BYC!!!!cute babies you have there!!im so glad you joined!!!
    Best,kyndra

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by