Hello from Salem, OR

MightFly

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2015
Hi there, I'm Carrie and I am an unashamed quack addict. I am brand new to the backyard duck scene but I know that it is where I belong.
I started out with two pekin ducks, Quackers and Cheese, but tragically Cheese died yesterday. Quackers is lonely and I am a poor substitute for another duck, though I am doing my best until we can find her a suitable friend. I am not sure how Cheese died even though it happened right in front of me. He was a sickly duckling straight from the farm store(with what appeared to be botulism) and though he appeared to recover with constant attention and then thrive, perhaps his sickness left a mark after all.
Quackers enjoys long morning walks around the front garden looking for slugs, ignoring the pond and making a mess out of the dogs water dish, ignoring the vast array of plants in the yard for my vegetables, sleeping on a warm lap, and opera.

Have a happy day all!
Carrie & Quackers

Welcome to BYC, Carrie. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person, but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your ducklings.

So sorry about the loss of Cheese and hope you find a new companion for Crackers.
hugs.gif
I lost one of my BO's recently. It is so hard to lose a pet we love whether they have feathers, down or fur.

Glad you have joined us. You are among friends here, we are all fowl lovers!

Welcome to BYC, Carrie! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry to hear you lost Cheese!
hugs.gif
That must have been very hard for you!
hugs.gif
I hope you can find a new buddy for Quackers. Is that picture of Quackers? THAT IS SO CUTE!!!
love.gif
Good luck to you and welcome to this community! Also, feel free to check out our duck section https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Quackers is adorable. She seems to have an good life using you as a companion. Maybe you could have her as a house duck. Just in case, there is a thread called
"Show off your house ducks."

Back
Top Bottom