1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from TX!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lacy111693, Jan 24, 2016.

1. lacy111693

lacy111693 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2016
    Hi everyone! New member here from Waco, TX. I just got 3 wellies today so I'm a total newbie!

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

What an adorable baby in your avatar! Usually we see the poultry-type babies, lol.

It's nice having you here. Have you had poultry before? If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There's a ton of information here and a lot of friendly, helpful members.

Thanks for joining us!

3. lacy111693

Jan 24, 2016
    Thank you! I had four chickens a few months ago but they free ranged on my property during the day and my neighbor's dog got them [​IMG] so lesson learned and know we have a proper set up and got 3 wellies today!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas (blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry for your loss. I'm sure the neighbor didn't learn a thing. Be aware his dog will be back and trying to get your new birds. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

7. lacy111693

Jan 24, 2016

They most definitely did not. We told them about it and their dogs chase our horses which is infuriating. We asked them to put them up and they told us that we must be new to country living because dogs always run around out here and that's just how it is. They said if it happened again we could "do what we have to do" basically saying to shoot them [​IMG] I built a backyard for my dogs because I was TERRIFIED they would wonder off and get shot. But apparently being a responsible pet owner is too difficult for some. Ughhhh.

8. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome - sounds like a rocky start to keeping chickens but I'm sure you'll get there in the end!

All the best

Ct

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by