Hello from Vallejo CA

Pghelp

Songster
5 Years
Jul 4, 2018
Greater Bay Area, Vallejo, California
We're new to backyard chicken raising and have a small flock 3 +1, which includes 2 Barred Rock, 1 RRR who've been together all their lives and an Auracana we are hoping to integrate with the other girls. Looking forward to getting to know people here and I've already found great information in the forums, in the newsletter, and on the website. Thank you!

We're new to backyard chicken raising and have a small flock 3 +1, which includes 2 Barred Rock, 1 RRR who've been together all their lives and an Auracana we are hoping to integrate with the other girls. Looking forward to getting to know people here and I've already found great information in the forums, in the newsletter, and on the website. Thank you!

Welcome! You will love talking chicken here. Put your location in your profile so we know where you are from. Helps with context for information.

hithere.gif
welcome10.gif

Integrating a single chicken can be very difficult, as you seem to already know. I read one of your other posts about how you have two coops and they eat side by side etc so you're familiar with "see but don't touch" :D but it doesn't seem to be working. Sometimes to find out what works in different situations, you have to experiment a bit. What if you separated the 3, say, and put only one of them in with your araucana? Or if you secluded the biggest bully for a while to possibly change the dynamic of pecking order? Maybe you could try putting the araucana on the roost at night (in the dark) with the other birds.
Here's a couple articles that may help you find a different perspective/solution:
Introducing a Single Hen
Chicken Bully/Chicken Victim

Back
Top Bottom