Hello, My name is Doris from Tennessee, I’m a new chicken owner this year. I’ve got 35 hens and three rooster’s.

1657147336839.png

I am a new to chicken owner. I started with 10 pullets and a young rooster. I ordered my chicks to be hatched on may 1st. So they are two months old now.
How many chickens do you have right now? I have a total of 37 birds now. The breeds I have are one Barnevelder, one Bielefelder puller and a Bieleefelder rooster, black Australorp , Wyandotte’s Copper Mar, br leghorns, buff and light Brahma, golden comets, ISA rooster and hen,Blue rock ,Olive eggers, Partridge Rock, splash jersey giant and production reds. A fancy flock! I find the social aspects of the bird flocks extremely relaxing and fascinating. How they interact with each other. Scuba diving, quilting, gardening and photography are some of my other hobbies? I also have two dogs that love the chickens. As well as two cats and a fish.
I stumbled onto BYC while researching how to take care of chickens. I’ve built a larger coop with my other three coops. Now I have a entire Wild West chicken town. I would love to share some of my insights with others.

Here's a quick link to where to
30+ in the first year is fully committed.

Bielefelder's worth the premium???? Thus far every hen I have is breed that produces over 200-250+ eggs per years. Orpingtons, Brahmas, Jersey Giants seem like wasted feed when you start from that metric.

Back
Top Bottom