Hello N. Carolina!!!

Just to let everyone know, there'll be another sale (same place as last time), Sep 15. Probably the last one of the year as show season begins in October. Woot!!!

Hey ya'll, we have been bitten by the chicken bug for sure. Does any one out there have sexlink chickens. Are they good layers and so on. We are getting some on the 24th of this month from a large breeder in Staley NC. Let me know

Hi from another Tarheel - we're in Cabarrus county, in the city limits of Concord, but zoned 'urban agricultural' so I'm sort of 'assuming' the chickens are OK. We have 5 acres and very tolerant neighbors who put up with our barking dogs. Thankfully we aren't in a subdevelopment!

We're HOPING they got it right when we ordered our babies and they are all hens and no roos. I guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks when they get bigger... Part of me is hoping there is a rooster in there, but for the sake of neighborhood peace we'll be better off with all girls.

At any rate, for those of you who use chain link, is a 4' high fence tall enough to keep them in once they get too big to fly much? I have a smallish coop but the plan is to let them range free in our backyard, which is fenced with 4' chainlink about 2/3 of an acre or so.

Also, for those who have dogs and chickens... we use the backyard to let the dogs go in and out to the potty. Do your dogs pester your chickens? We have 2 shelties and a dachy/mystery/heinz57 rescue - all are smallish dogs around 20 lbs.

Looking forward to getting to know other NC chicken fans in cyberspace!

I live in Hillsborough,NC and have RIR, Plymouth Barred Rocks ( 1 of which won 4th place at the NC State Fair a few years back) Black Sex Links, Grey Calls, Muscoveys and a new baby Grey Call.

Hi all! I am in Raleigh. No chickens yet, but I am hoping to have some soon! I never knew I could have chickens in the city limits, until I met someone else who lives in Raleigh, who keeps them.

I am hoping to keep a few, maybe 6-10, for eggs and fertilizer. And companionship, of course.

I was thinking that the State Fair might be a good place to get chickens. I am not sure if I will get chicks or adults.

Hi I am bumping this - I hope the NClinians can chime in again! Does anyone know of swaps or shows in NC? I am in Richlands, NC - I am also looking for some chickens - Bantam and STD Cochins - and a good quality Silkie Hen...

Have a fun day and Happy Mothers Day!

Howdy!

I'm in Catawba county just about the Lincoln county line. I have 50 chickens of various breeds and ages and am setting up my cages to get started with quail in about a month.

I'm in Person County, north of Durham. Wondering how many other chicken folks are out here in my neck of the woods!

Back
Top Bottom