Hello!

EggsAndBacon

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2017
Rapid River, MI
Hi, everyone! I joined a little while back, but haven't had the chance to sit down and introduce myself properly. We are a busy household!

I live in the south central Upper Peninsula of Michigan with my husband and two daughters. We are just starting out with our little flock of eight SLW chicks, one Dixie Rainbow chick, and three Pekin ducklings. Our first five chicks are right around four weeks old, and getting big and sassy; our four littlest are rounding up on two. The Troublesom Trio, as we've dubbed our Pekins, are six weeks and full of duckatude. We have plans to expand our flocks after we have a better idea of what we're doing, but for right now, we're sort of just flying by the seats of our pants! (Internet research only goes so far, lol!)

It's been loud, and messy, and smelly, and the floors of my house are constantly covered in pine shavings, but I think we've had more fun in these past handful of weeks than we've had in a long time. Those ducks are a riot! It was only in that last week while we were waiting for night time temps to go up a bit, that I got tired of having those boogers in the house; you can only knock your water over so many times before mama duck decides it's time to kick your feathered butts out of her bathroom! :barnie

I love ducks but I'm not able to keep them. Glad you joined the flock!

Hahahaha! Our girls(almost 8wk old Cayugas) are messy and full of sass too! They're outside now because it's warm enough and love being out there!

Back
Top Bottom