Hello!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If one is crowing it's likely a cockerel. You should have gotten three but you can't go back now. You'll have to rehome the cockerel and get another pullet to integrate with your current one.
How many chickens are you permitted? How large is your setup?
We have a very small actual coop but have enclosed it in an 8’x10’ fenced run. The crower is very sweet and docile. This is just awful. I would have gotten 3 but ended up on an emergency call so my husband took the girls to get the chicks. He let them each get one. 😕. Not sure how many I’m allowed. Likely not more than 3. Town allows hens. HOA doesn’t specifically allow or disallow any. We’re allowed to keep “common pets”.

Thank you. After some careful reading, The bird fails the comb test (in addition to crowing). I just ordered a started pullet to add to our flock. We’ll try to keep the rooster quiet. He’s just so sweet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello, and welcome to BYC. The black and white bird is definitely a cockerel - can you post a profile picture of the other bird ?
Thank you. That's what we thought as well. Just sad. :( The other bird is definitely a hen. Single row pea comb, smaller, defers to the black and white one... We have a Rhode Island Red coming ASAP. We'll try putting the cockerel in a black out box until we're ready to be up each day.

Back
Top Bottom