HELP! 1st time hatching- air sacs too small? (pics included)

First, I would run that bator completely dry until you lock down, or until you hear the first internal pip. Monitor your air cells, and don't add water until embryo age or air cell size tells you that you must add water!

Never trust the instructions that come with a bator. They are outdated! Archaic! Especially in regards to humidity levels. For updated information about the most recent research based hatching info, read "Hatching eggs 101" in the learning center. You also can't trust the thermostat, and the thermometer/hygrometer that came with your bator or that you have purchased to be accurate unless they have been calibrated. I calibrate bulb style thermometers against a good quality medical grade digital or mercury bulb thermometer in a cup or bowl at 100*F. I don't let the thermometers touch the side or bottom of the container while doing so.

I drained all the water today and am running it dry (about 22% humidity) so hopefully it will help increase the air sacs a bit. Thank you for the advice!!

I'm neverous about same thing my air sac looks like day 7 instead of day 20 .I have a still air lg and I didn't know my rh should have been lower first 18days I was running at 60%

I'm neverous about same thing my air sac looks like day 7 instead of day 20 .I have a still air lg and I didn't know my rh should have been lower first 18days I was running at 60%
Yes, 60% is too high. Read back in this post and follow same directions although if you are on day 20 and already in lockdown you may just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.
Please read this: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/incubation-humidity.73386/
Good luck with the hatch.

so I did what it said took out all sponges humity dropped from over 70 to 60 and I heard chipping this morning. no pips yet I did check for life and my ducks look very alive but they still have a week to go the chicks I could´t tell the eggs are very full now but air sacks are very small :confused::fl:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom