Help 2 sick chicks

becky ewing

Chirping
Oct 22, 2021
I have 2 - 2 week old chicks

1 - green queen (grey) she was vibrant - running around - first week & half -
Now she can't stand up - she scuttles around on folded legs / still eating, drinking, pooping...

2 - tiny black Cochin frizzle - has a crusted eye shut - her eye was compromised early on then lost feathers around the eye - a few days ago I put on some terramycin ointment and this morn her eye is crusted shut! Again otherwise she is vibrant, eating, drinking, pooping

I was advised to try selenium/Vita E for the green queen - which I gave her last night - this morning still can't stand -

does anyone have experience with this??
Should I find a B complex vitamin for my green queen???

It could be a B-2 riboflavin deficiency. You can find it among the people vitamins at the pharmacy. Dissolve a table each day in a cup of water and let both chicks drink it until the issue resolves. You can also use B-complex containing B-2.

As for the eye, it sound like an infection. Continue to treat twice a day with the terramycin, but also flush the eye each time with saline eye wash to keep ahead of the bacteria. The terramycin stands to works more effectively when you do the eye wash in addition. I use a little bottle of inexpensive dry eye drops in these types of eye issues.

It could be a B-2 riboflavin deficiency. You can find it among the people vitamins at the pharmacy. Dissolve a table each day in a cup of water and let both chicks drink it until the issue resolves. You can also use B-complex containing B-2.

As for the eye, it sound like an infection. Continue to treat twice a day with the terramycin, but also flush the eye each time with saline eye wash to keep ahead of the bacteria. The terramycin stands to works more effectively when you do the eye wash in addition. I use a little bottle of inexpensive dry eye drops in these types of eye issues.
Thank you!!!❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom