Help 2 weeks old chick looks very weak

Try giving it some electrolyte water. Here's a recipe-
1 C. Water
2 tsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
How's the little one doing today? Raw egg yolk is also good for boosting energy.

Try giving it some electrolyte water. Here's a recipe-
1 C. Water
2 tsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
How's the little one doing today? Raw egg yolk is also good for boosting energy.
Thank you so much for responding I really appreciate it. She made it thru the night, I gave her raw egg yolk yesterday it somewhat worked, then I gave her just sugar water and that seemed to give her a bit more energy she's still eyes closed but did peck at her food and sipped water this morning, so sad seeing her this way. I had some Durvet Vitamins and Electrolytes which was expired but I did put it in her drinking water I dont know what else to do? 😟

Thank you so much for responding I really appreciate it. She made it thru the night, I gave her raw egg yolk yesterday it somewhat worked, then I gave her just sugar water and that seemed to give her a bit more energy she's still eyes closed but did peck at her food and sipped water this morning, so sad seeing her this way. I had some Durvet Vitamins and Electrolytes which was expired but I did put it in her drinking water I dont know what else to do? 😟
I'm also not sure what else beyond the the electrolhte water and egg yolk. What's the temperature in the brooder?

Try mixing the water in a small amount of chick crumbles to make a mushy feed. This will get some nutrition into her as well as water. Have you checked to see if her butt is pasted up with poop? Is she passing droppings? Did you get others with her? What type of heat source are you using?

Try mixing the water in a small amount of chick crumbles to make a mushy feed. This will get some nutrition into her as well as water. Have you checked to see if her butt is pasted up with poop? Is she passing droppings? Did you get others with her? What type of heat source are you using?
I checked and she has no pasted poop and her poop looks normal just more wattery than anything her sister is doing great.

Good morning all I wanted to give you an update poppy is still hanging in there but I made an observation yesterday night I sat with her for a while she is actively eating and drinking, chirping and cleaning her feathers but continues to just look weak but I noticed that it's as if she cant stand for too long she will walk over to eat and once there she cant stand and will lay down to eat could this be something with her legs any suggestions ?

You could use Polyvisol without iron baby vitamins, or Poultry Cell chick vitamins. However, human vitamin B complex tablets 1/4 tablet daily crushed and mixed into a little water or food, is much more cost effective. Riboflavin or vitamin B 2 is helpful in leg and foot issues in chicks. B complex has that and all other b vitamins, and is hard to overdose. It is found at Walmart (Spring Valley brand around $6) and other pharmacies and stores with vitamins.

A chick sling might be beneficial to make for her to get up to food and water.

Back
Top Bottom