HELP 3 day old chick won’t eat or drink!!

I wish there was some advice I could give you. I just don't know anything. I don't even have my little girls yet. So, I will say a prayer for you and the baby chick. God bless...
We’ve had some really hot weather for the past few days so I might take the heater out tomorrow for 15-20mins and see if it perks up abit. The heat in my house and the heater itself is maybe making the chick too warm....well I’m hoping so because then il know what to do to help it

Do the dropping look normal? If there abnormal, could you supply a picture? What are you feeding? Heat could could be an issue, since silkies are so fluffy and buffs are not? Tell us what happens after the chick is removed form the heat. Did you assist the hatch, or did she hatch on her own? Good luck, if you assisted the hatch its most likely a fail to thrive chick, I am hoping for the best! Avery :hugs

We’ve had some really hot weather for the past few days so I might take the heater out tomorrow for 15-20mins and see if it perks up abit. The heat in my house and the heater itself is maybe making the chick too warm....well I’m hoping so because then il know what to do to help it

Isn't there a thermometer in the brooder? Is there a warm and a cool side so they can get away from the heat? If the chicks are too hot waiting to turn it off tomorrow would be far too late.

Do the dropping look normal? If there abnormal, could you supply a picture? What are you feeding? Heat could could be an issue, since silkies are so fluffy and buffs are not? Tell us what happens after the chick is removed form the heat. Did you assist the hatch, or did she hatch on her own? Good luck, if you assisted the hatch its most likely a fail to thrive chick, I am hoping for the best! Avery :hugs
I’m not at home at the minute to supply a picture but it looked normal. No I didn’t assist the hatch it took a while but eventually came out on it’s own.

Back
Top Bottom