HELP: 4 week old cream legbar coccidiosis?

Sahraschweiss

Songster
Apr 9, 2020
Wildwood, Missouri
I have a 4 week old cream legbar that I believe has coccidiosis.

I've had her along with another cream and four isbars of the same age for a week.

Off and on, this bird has been a little more puffy with feathers than the others, however she's always been active except for today. Today she is lethargic, and very puffy. Would rather sleep and cuddle with the others.

I haven't seen any strange, foamy, or bloody poop.

Bedding is pine shavings.

The others seem fine and are active.

I was able to get some corid 9.6 liquid solution this evening, and I've just dosed their water with corid and added electrolytes.

I've put her beak in the water, but she wasn't interested. She did go to the food bin, but didn't seem too interested in eating. She just hangs her head in it. She will flee if I open the broader door, but she is the last to do so.

Is there anything else I can do?
PXL_20210329_231608538.jpg

If her poop looks normal then I dont think its coccidiosis. I would seperste her for now so that way you can examine her dropping better. Are there any other symptoms? Bubbly eyes, wheezing, limping, smell coming from her mouth?

If her poop looks normal then I dont think its coccidiosis. I would seperste her for now so that way you can examine her dropping better. Are there any other symptoms? Bubbly eyes, wheezing, limping, smell coming from her mouth?

I did find one foamy poop last night.

Eyes are clear, breathing is fine, no smell from mouth, no limping.

She is better today, but not as active as her flock mates. She is still puffing out her feathers but not as much as yesterday. She has been eating and drinking. And has started scratching at the bedding again.

Brooder temperature is 78-80.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom