Help! 4weeks old baby quail not normal size!

Tibetan quail

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2021
I have two 4 weeks old quails and they are smaller than my hand. Is that normal? They eat and sleep well, have no problems and always happy.

Do you have pictures???? What are you feeding? What color are they? How many other quail were raised with them?? I have a few that are smaller in every hatch. Sometimes its a failure to thrive issue and sometimes its just a variation. I still have a couple new additions to the aviary that are very small compared to others, but they are thriving and doing well.

Do you have pictures???? What are you feeding? What color are they? How many other quail were raised with them?? I have a few that are smaller in every hatch. Sometimes its a failure to thrive issue and sometimes its just a variation. I still have a couple new additions to the aviary that are very small compared to others, but they are thriving and doing well.
I was feeding them quail crumble mixed with seeds. I have two quails. They are white and one of the two have black colours on head. They never got sick. The feed is made by a poultry store. I don't know the brand. They are still in the brooder because they got very cold when put them outside the brooder.
16174895616812328178521560677926.jpg

They look pretty normal to me....and yes quail will stay in the heat as long as you provide it.....(spoiled dummies) but they will actually acclimate quickly at this point....what are your nighttime lows

Back
Top Bottom