Help! 6 day old chick all of a sudden sick

Pics

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
This chick was fine yesterday. I'm wondering if it ate some of the stupid coffee grounds bedding that I didn't know was dangerous šŸ˜­
Is there anything I can do for it? I have nutridrench and poultry cell.
IMG_20220212_110459928.jpg

Anyone?!? I already had to cull one chick for a neurological issue. Is there any way I can flush the coffee grounds out? There is definitely grounds in her poop šŸ˜­

Get some activated charcoal, empty the capsule and mix it with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Divide that into tiny bits, chill until solid and feed the bits into the chick over the course of an hour.

The charcoal will absorb the toxins and the oil will flush them out of its system. But hurry up with this as the toxins will kill the chick eventually.

Get some activated charcoal, empty the capsule and mix it with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Divide that into tiny bits, chill until solid and feed the bits into the chick over the course of an hour.

The charcoal will absorb the toxins and the oil will flush them out of its system. But hurry up with this as the toxins will kill the chick eventually.
Can I keep it liquid? I can't get her to eat solids.

You won't "get" her to eat anything in her condition. You need to shove the solid oil with the charcoal owder mixed in righ into her beak. It gets swallowed each time you allow her to close her beak after putting it in. It's not like she has to chew it. Chickens aren't like humans in the respect they can't swallow unless they chew their food. Whatever gets into the mouth goes down into the crop as a natural reaction to it being placed into the mouth. Times wasting. Get it into her quickly.

You won't "get" her to eat anything in her condition. You need to shove the solid oil with the charcoal owder mixed in righ into her beak. It gets swallowed each time you allow her to close her beak after putting it in. It's not like she has to chew it. Chickens aren't like humans in the respect they can't swallow unless they chew their food. Whatever gets into the mouth goes down into the crop as a natural reaction to it being placed into the mouth. Times wasting. Get it into her quickly.
How long should it take her to perk up if she is going to make it? Anything else I should do after the charcoal?

After you get all the oil into her try to get her to drink water.
Should I syringe give her water or see if she will drink on her own? She's chirping and eyes are opening and closing but she isn't moving.

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_133500324.jpg
    IMG_20220212_133500324.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 11
Did you manage to get one teaspoon of oil into her as well as the charcoal?

Try putting a little sugar into her water. It will make it more likely she'll want to drink it, but be prepared to syringe it into her if she won't drink. Try to get at least .5ml of water into her per hour. The sugar water, about one teaspoon to one cup warm water, will elevate her glucose and possibly revive her so she will try to drink on her own.

Did you manage to get one teaspoon of oil into her as well as the charcoal?

Try putting a little sugar into her water. It will make it more likely she'll want to drink it, but be prepared to syringe it into her if she won't drink. Try to get at least .5ml of water into her per hour. The sugar water, about one teaspoon to one cup warm water, will elevate her glucose and possibly revive her so she will try to drink on her own.
I got the entire tsp and oil and charcoal in her and 1ml of water via a syringe. I'll do some sugar water next. I really hope she makes it. I'm leaving bad reviews for the bedding everywhere I can and will be contacting the company as well.

Back
Top Bottom