Help! 6 day old chick all of a sudden sick

Her crop isn't full but she hasn't pooped either. She keeps opening her mouth like she is trying to clear it. It feels like there might be poop but I can't massage anything out. I'm not sure what else to do.

It won't hurt to give her some more oil and more charcoal, as well. I think you will agree that this is the last opportunity to try to save her.
I'm wondering if we may have gotten liquid up her nose or something. She's opening her beak a tiny bit when she breathes 😞

You have nothing to lose at this point. Try the swaddling in warm towels and more oil. It's a final "Hail Mary" attempt. I'm as sad about this poor little chick as you are. Try these last things. If they work, that would be wonderful, but I expect your chick to die before morning.

You have nothing to lose at this point. Try the swaddling in warm towels and more oil. It's a final "Hail Mary" attempt. I'm as sad about this poor little chick as you are. Try these last things. If they work, that would be wonderful, but I expect your chick to die before morning.
Thanks. I don't have the heart to cull this one, so hopefully she isn't suffering tremendously. I'm doing the oil now.

Back
Top Bottom