HELP! A Green Face!(Pics) What's Wrong With Her??

chickenlovefever

Songster
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
Saturday I brought home two BTB Japanese Bantams, a breeding pair. I had no place to put them, so i kind of made one. About 5 feet from my chickn coop, I have rabbit hutch with a whole bunch of baby chicks in it. it stands 4 feet from the ground, and under that i put a small wire hutch. Thats where I put the chickens. When I got them, I immediately bathed them, because I noticed they kind of stunk. It was a stronger chicken-y smell than what all of my chickens ever smelled like. Still, today, they stink. I had to separate the two becauseit was juniors first go at things nd he kind of tackled my hen trying to mate with her. he plucked her feathers clean off of her head, so thats what you see in the pic. and the other day, I noticed some greenish coloring in my roosters top half of his wing, kind of at the point where it bends. I didn't know what it was, and today i noticd it gone. But what I also noticed is that my hens face is just a sickly green today. Her entire face.
sickbyc.gif
There is a little bit of pale greeness in my roos face, but my hen is just bad.
HELP! Please, It it is a disease, I need them gone. And if it is a disease, will it stick round where they are? And will it have spread to my other chickens? I hope not. I am getting ready to add onto the coop and get rid of all of the chickens I have now and get started on a beeding project with some BC Marans and some Lavender Orpingtons. I DON'T NEED A DISEASE!!!
barnie.gif
hit.gif

xppnpj.jpg

r1mv11.jpg

I wonder if it could be some sort of fungal disease? I honestly have no idea but I hope somebody comes along who might have some experience with a situation like yours.

For now I would keep the FAR away from all of my other birds.

Good luck.

pips&peeps :

bruising, it's obvious that the bird was pecked severely on the head

the poor little thing needs some TLC

x2

I looked everywhere and that was the most common answer... aww poor thing... you need to teach your little dude some manners!!!!!
smile.png
They also make hen saddles... weird name right but they work great! It prevents the male from picking off her back feathers.... but you may need to make her a little hat too.​

pips&peeps :

X2​

pips&peeps :

Yes, i have them both separated. He did it in just one day. Anyone know what I should do for her? Rightnow I am making sure her head doesn't attract flies...... but that's it. I did bathe her again today.​

Just keep her where she can heal; seperated from the others. If the wounds dry up she should have no problems with flies.

Is this a very young bird? I can't tell from the angle of the photo.

Bagbalm may help her a bit. My chickens love it. It doesnt really heal but it is moisturizing and thick and it keeps bugs off at least on my girls.

Back
Top Bottom