Help! About to incubate for the 1st time & recevied double the hatching eggs asked for - feeling ov

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by VeggieMinette, Oct 2, 2015.

1. animalslover

animalslover Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Anyone can tell me that's air cell is too big, too small or ok for day 7 please ?

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG]
    I'd say a bit large for day 7. You could probably raise your humidity slightly.

3. animalslover

Oct 5, 2015
    Thank you I will keep around 50-55%

4. Oh crap, I think I messed up! So, when the eggs were shipped to me, they were small end pointed down and they were marked on the big end. I placed them into the bater, small/pointy end down. All of the air cells are in the pointy ends of the eggs and they seem quite large? I took pics of 4 random eggs. Please let me know what I should be doing (don't say "not hatching eggs!", although that would make me laugh and I would appreciate your sense of humor!)[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. Humidity is between 25 and 30%

8. chattery41

chattery41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    near Cleveland TN
    If more than half of the egg is air cell then something is way wrong. Never seen one where the air cell stayed in the pointed end unless they were set pointy end up. I would make sure they are all point down and bump up ur humidity to 50% or so.

9. animalslover

Oct 5, 2015
    Try to put humidity up 55-60%
    .....I guess
    I'm new too ....if me I won't give up yet I will keep going [​IMG]

10. animalslover

Oct 5, 2015
    I started with 13 eggs
    Today I double checked and 3 bad so I still have 10 eggs to go ....in 10 more days
    I hope all of them can hatch !!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by