Help ADDICTED!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AtRendeAcres, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Thankfully I have no more room here for anymore chickens. BUT I do plan on buying at least 20 acres in about 3 years so I can then go CHICKEN CRAZY!!!!! [​IMG] My poor DH, he may go crazy for real!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

And you came here for help???? [​IMG]

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Thanks everyone I feel better just knowing I am not alone [​IMG]

I really started to think I was losing it [​IMG] it seems what ever I am doing it goes back to chickens [​IMG]

I can't even pass a shed with out thinking how we could adapt it for chickens!

4. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Songster

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote:Zoning/space isn't a problem for me. It's. My. PARENTS!! [​IMG] When I grow up, I'm going to have chickens, goats, quail, dogs and cats galore, horses, mules, donkeys, and anything else I can possibly get my hands on, due to the fact that I was deprived as a child. [​IMG]

5. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Songster

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm such an addict! I spend most of the day reading books on chickens, being on this board, running my two chicken groups, talking about chickens to other people, daydreaming about having some land to house MORE chickens............ My husband thinks I have a sickness, but he has the worst kind......chicken love denial! He loves the chickens as much as I do, but refuses to admit it. Guys.....

6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:That is just like my DH. I catch him in the chicken yard sometimes and he looks like a deer caught in headlights! I say what are you doing in the chicken yard? I'm just looking at the mess they make!!! Yeah right! He loves them, he just won't admit it!

7. GAhen

GAhen Songster

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I am addicted to chickens and now to BackYardChickens
    I can't stay off this site.
    I love it!
    So much great info for us new to chickens...
    Thanks to everyone!!!!!!![​IMG]

8. dragonlili

dragonlili Songster

May 26, 2007
    N Middle TN
    Quote:Do tell! How did your DH manage to get the bug too? Mine is starting to think of me as the crazy chicken wife! Where are you in TN? I'm in Clarksville.

9. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Songster

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh get this. Last night I was talking to my husband about a National Chickenstock (this was discussed on a different thread). I was telling him how I was describing how I thought he'd react to it. He said, "I bet all you do is bad mouth me to all your chicken friends..." and then.....he said it.....

"WHEN I LOVE THE CHICKENS AS MUCH AS YOU DO!" Ahhhhh! I just about died. He admitted it! Ladies and gentlemen, we have another convert! LOL

[​IMG] MORE CHICKENS!! [​IMG]

10. 2mnypets

2mnypets Songster

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AND THEY SAID THEY NEVER GET MUSHY LIKE US GIRLS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: