HELP! An animal attacked my hen! WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES

Yes but I’m having a little bit of trouble with stranded feathers sticking to the wound. It obviously hurts her when I try to pick them out so is there any way I can get them loose?? With warm water??
Yes, get them wet; it'll help. It does hurt, but infection hurts more. :(

Last edited:
Sorry this happened, my ducks got attacked by a fox the other day, one was so bad.. broken wing, ripped neck, sprained leg, scratches all over her, but she fought and won the battle, the skin grew over the deep cuts and feathers grew in, she is still healing atm from her leg and wing but she is looking like she is gonna make a full recovery, i wish you luck and if vet is an option you should use it. just keep her eating and drinking and keep her separated.

Sharp scissors, cut as close to the base as possible. Pulling would be painful and that would add to her stress, the poor thing.
I think she means loose feathers that have adhered to the wound itself.
Okay thank you!!

Sorry this happened, my ducks got attacked by a fox the other day, one was so bad.. broken wing, ripped neck, sprained leg, scratches all over her, but she fought and won the battle, the skin grew over the deep cuts and feathers grew in, she is still healing atm from her leg and wing but she is looking like she is gonna make a full recovery, i wish you luck and if vet is an option you should use it. just keep her eating and drinking and keep her separated.
So glad to hear that your sweetheart pulled through! :) and thank you! We have a vet but they don’t seem to be avian/chicken friendly (they were very hesitant to see one of my roosters when he got sick and he was still a young thing at the time) so I’m not even sure if they’re willing to see her

Okay thank you!!

So glad to hear that your sweetheart pulled through! :) and thank you! We have a vet but they don’t seem to be avian/chicken friendly (they were very hesitant to see one of my roosters when he got sick and he was still a young thing at the time) so I’m not even sure if they’re willing to see her
you can go through a phone book asking vets if they're avian vets, it is what i always do.

Back
Top Bottom