HELP ASAP how much would you charge for chicken dirt? dump truck size

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
HI guys I had a person call me just now and wants a dump truck size load of my chicken pooh- I explained that My poo is in my compost pile and it is bobcatted every 2x weeks with everything else in there-he says he has a huge garden and would love my dirt that has poo in it-our dirt is beautifully dark:) -what would you charge? Now mind you...It has taken us 2 years to get that much fertilizer/soil but winter coming and we could use the exta cash as we will always have chicken pooh handy...LOL... I need to call him back before 9pm tonight with a price---what would you charge??? thanks for the help guys Love yah!!!

Doubt if I would be willing to sell my compost pile.

whatever he offers....you'll regret it come next spring.

But in theory...isn't a bobcat scoop about 1400 hundred pounds of
topsoil? So two scoops would be over one ton of your compost. On a
simple single axle dump truck I think you can get by with 10 ton or so
legal weight. So what...say 18, 20 scoops of compost?

Probably not a good deal for you.

A dump truck can carry between 13 an 26 tons according to how many axes it has. My last load of gravel was 23 tons.(2 tandems an a drop axle) Call the local hardware store an see what they sell a ton of top soil for then see what its worth to ya from there.

Folks around here charge 25 dollars a yard for compost delivered
hmm.png

ok sorry we have a mini bobcat...LOl should have specified that-and axels and stuff...
hu.gif
haha hmm I think we'll keep it:) Thank you so much for your help-your right its not worth it at all..

Quote:
Mini not sure how much they hold, but I'm guessing a third one above regular Bobcat can hold. in dump truck size, humm don't know about tonnage but around here. I think we measure our dumb charts by the yard and cubic year and I think something like that. And I think you can hold a vote for teen. Cubic s does memory serve's me. not only does it in how long it's been composted because chicken dirt and "burn". So the longer it's been composted more it's worth

Tell him to get his own chickens. LOL I wouldn't part with it either. After all you've spent turning and compiling the pile, he won't pay what it's really worth to you.

The going rate here is $25 a cubic yard for low-grade compost (wood chips and dairy manure without bedding) and that's not delivered.

Back
Top Bottom