Help! assisted wrong!

I raised the humidity will that help?
Quoting from the article I sent you, after wrapping the egg in a damp paper towel (not covering the pip hole as far as I can see):

TIME TO LEAVE HER ALONE and keep that humidity up!! 75-80s even!!
What did you read that is most important right now???

LEAVE HER ALONE! Do not pick at her shell do not remove any more membrane at this point! Wait, every 2 hours dampen her membrane and place her back in the bator!

Quoting from the article I sent you, after wrapping the egg in a damp paper towel (not covering the pip hole as far as I can see):

TIME TO LEAVE HER ALONE and keep that humidity up!! 75-80s even!!
What did you read that is most important right now???

LEAVE HER ALONE! Do not pick at her shell do not remove any more membrane at this point! Wait, every 2 hours dampen her membrane and place her back in the bator!
thanks, I will do that will wet paper towels work?

thanks, I will do that will wet paper towels work?
Damp paper towels, not sopping wet. How much of the membrane did you expose? You might have to dampen it a bit with a wet finger... really flying by my skirt pockets here and what the article says.
Best advice I can give you right now is take a minute, breathe, and read the article about assisted hatching to get your feet on how to proceed. I don't have any pictures of your hatch to go off of here, and I am not an expert in hatching, so this is all just academic hear-so at this point.

I don't think I can post a quality picture. Basically the quarter of the air cell is exposed. Chick is still breathing, strong chirps every now and then, wet red film covering the chick, Have the humidity 71% and a wet paper towel on it. I just hope I didn't end it.

It basically didn't need an assist. I kind of new that but seeing all the other chicks zipping and this one just chirping and had broken into the air cell just made me want to give it a little hole to breathe. But the hole turned out to be a lot bigger and I wasn't sure if I stabbed the chick.

WIN_20240524_19_30_41_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom