Help! Ate Nightshade!!

No, just offer the flush for around 8 hours, but no more then that. After 8 hours, make sure she has lots of water available, because the flushes can cause dehydration.
If she's not drinking it can I dribble it in with a syringe or would that be harmful? I've never had to do a flushing before and think it might be worse for her if she doesn't drink anything. Thank you

If she's not drinking it can I dribble it in with a syringe or would that be harmful? I've never had to do a flushing before and think it might be worse for her if she doesn't drink anything. Thank you
I am not certain. I would just leave it out. Be aware that the flushes will cause dehydration afterwards, and you will need to stay on top of her water intake, so you have to be careful. You jus not want to give it to her unless she starts showing symptoms, since dehydration isn't something you want to inflict on a hen because she may be poisoned. Hopefully the experts can offer advice soon.

I am not certain. I would just leave it out. Be aware that the flushes will cause dehydration afterwards, and you will need to stay on top of her water intake, so you have to be careful. You jus not want to give it to her unless she starts showing symptoms, since dehydration isn't something you want to inflict on a hen because she may be poisoned. Hopefully the experts can offer advice soon.
alright thanks. I think I'll give her some water on the side with less molasses, since less is probably better than nothing!

We too have deadly nightshade plants pop up every year, and I do try to remove every one as I find them. The chickens free range where they are, and there's never been a problem. I think offering them in quantity to confined chickens would be bad, but given lots of free range choices, all will probably be fine.
Before I knew what they were, I let them grow in the horse pasture, and fortunately the horses never ate them! It's actually a very handsome plant...
Here they pop up anywhere that we disturb the soil, so apparently the seeds live a long time, and only need exposure to grow. At least it's easy to pull out of the ground!
Mary
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I had it all over the place since it grew so well in spots where nothing else would! 😅

Back
Top Bottom