My chicken will not eat!

How to make a chicken eat

• what to feed a chicken who will not eat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how to make a chicken eat

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Does that mean that a chick can do well on a diet made for hens producing eggs? There is a reason layer feed and chick starter are made differently and sold separately. I'm not saying this is the cause of your pullet's problem, but we can at least rule that out by changing her feed.
EXACTLY

A chicken who is a part of new breed I have had for a year. And who randomly got sick and needs a wheelchair.
That's what you say.

We say, try vitamin therapy. You say, no, she needs a wheelchair of which you do not have. So she'll lay there suffering until she dies. This sounds like animal abuse.

Last edited:
Does that mean that a chick can do well on a diet made for hens producing eggs? There is a reason layer feed and chick starter are made differently and sold separately. I'm not saying this is the cause of your pullet's problem, but we can at least rule that out by changing her feed.
The reason why they give chicks starter crumble is because it is small and easy for the chicks to fit in their tiny beak.

That's what you say.

We say, try vitamin therapy. You say, no, you'll get her a wheelchair. This sounds like animal abuse.
Hello, my 10 yo daughter was writing this and I am taking over as it is getting a bit ridiculous. The chicken was found unwell on a very hot day and we have hydrated her, kept her inside for a week and given her a week of antibiotics in case it is pneumonia or fowl cholera or similar. She is a lot better but her legs are still not really working. Thus it was a very acute illness and not likely a micronutrient issue, especially as all the other poultry are fine. I also assume that the feed mentioned is different in other countries. My daughter takes animal welfare very seriously and has been vegan her whole life so these comments are taken very personally. I sincerely hope we don't have to get a chicken wheelchair.

Hello, my 10 yo daughter was writing this and I am taking over as it is getting a bit ridiculous. The chicken was found unwell on a very hot day and we have hydrated her, kept her inside for a week and given her a week of antibiotics in case it is pneumonia or fowl cholera or similar. She is a lot better but her legs are still not really working. Thus it was a very acute illness and not likely a micronutrient issue, especially as all the other poultry are fine. I also assume that the feed mentioned is different in other countries. My daughter takes animal welfare very seriously and has been vegan her whole life so these comments are taken very personally. I sincerely hope we don't have to get a chicken wheelchair.
Hello! Thank you for the additional information. How old is this pullet and how long have you had her?

Back
Top Bottom