My chicken will not eat!

How to make a chicken eat

• what to feed a chicken who will not eat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how to make a chicken eat

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Hello, my 10 yo daughter was writing this and I am taking over as it is getting a bit ridiculous. The chicken was found unwell on a very hot day and we have hydrated her, kept her inside for a week and given her a week of antibiotics in case it is pneumonia or fowl cholera or similar. She is a lot better but her legs are still not really working. Thus it was a very acute illness and not likely a micronutrient issue, especially as all the other poultry are fine. I also assume that the feed mentioned is different in other countries. My daughter takes animal welfare very seriously and has been vegan her whole life so these comments are taken very personally. I sincerely hope we don't have to get a chicken wheelchair.
Thank you for clarifying. We all meant well in trying to help your chicken and were getting frustrated with the strange replies we were getting. Glad to know you know what's going on with your hen and hopefully she gets better quickly. :love

No panic, I got her to eat soggy starter crumble! Thank god my little hen is eating. And thank you for all your support! Her legs still do not work but at least she is eating. 🥹😃🐔🐔🐔
You could try a little nutradrench diluted in water and syringe that into her mouth or mix in the food she is eating

I think I would take her to an avian vet. You should be able to find one listed under the American Association of Avian Vets.

She is a very young pullet so cannot lay yet. Her diet is layer mash, bugs, greens and sometimes oats. She had been sick since boxing day night and I do not think it is a nutri drench or a poultry cell but thanks any way. I am not very worried about her legs because I can just put her in a wheel chair. Make sure she has grit and calcium free choice.

Back
Top Bottom