Help!!! Baby chick Dropping Eye Socket!

Kenzie888

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2020
Good Day!
I have a 3 week chick here, molly is her name, and yesterday morning I let her, her mama, Aunti and 4 other siblings of the same age out of the coop to find her eye socket dropping!! She was kinda sleepy and didn’t want to come out of the coop. I loveingly rushed her inside to a box with food and water and she started to gasp for air and wheezing almost like she couldn’t breath! That has since stoped but she’s shakeing her head and scratching her eye. I’ve given her electrolytes and at this moment vaporizing some VetRx in her( we think it’s a her) little bin. I will say, Her Aunt has been seen chaseing the like ones around in a pecking order fashion. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated! I would love to have her well and back with her family!!!
5BB95AD2-06B9-4526-8910-A272C369905B.jpeg

she started to gasp for air and wheezing almost like she couldn’t breath! That has since stoped but she’s shakeing her head and scratching her eye.
Looks like she has conjunctivitis along with bubbles in the eyes. Bubbles in the eyes along with respiratory symptoms can indicate respiratory disease like Mycoplasma.
Have you ever had illness in your flock before - coughing, sneezing, mucous, etc.?

I would flush the eye with saline and apply and eye ointment like Terramycin 2-3 times a day.
The shaking of the head is concerning as well. I would look inside her ears and inside her beak for signs of infection.
An antibiotic like Tylosin may be needed to treat symptoms if they persist.

Looks like she has conjunctivitis along with bubbles in the eyes. Bubbles in the eyes along with respiratory symptoms can indicate respiratory disease like Mycoplasma.
Have you ever had illness in your flock before - coughing, sneezing, mucous, etc.?

I would flush the eye with saline and apply and eye ointment like Terramycin 2-3 times a day.
The shaking of the head is concerning as well. I would look inside her ears and inside her beak for signs of infection.
An antibiotic like Tylosin may be needed to treat symptoms if they persist.
I’ve had a chicken die in September to sever coccidiosis but she was isolated very early on. The two girlys I have now have been healthy there whole lives. This medicine you speak of, where could I get it?

Back
Top Bottom