Help baby chick

Jaggedbadge123

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2020
So a mama was broody on eggs, and a couple hatched but after the second day of the hatching she left the eggs. Once she left them, and didn’t touch them for a couple day I decided to grab the eggs and put it in the incubator, in case of any late hatches.
in the end one chick hatched, this was a couple days later from the original hatchlings. After it was all dried off I I put it back with the mama hoping she wouldn’t notice, but she did not accept it. And now it is all alone, for my question I didn’t know if I should take the baby chicks from the mama and put it with the loner, since we might be giving away the baby chicks, because there is too much. Or if baby chicks are normally okay alone And I could just keep it by itself? Anyone reading this if I could know you’re views on this, and/ or any other ideas.
( I didn’t know if anyone needed the age gap but here it is just in case)
age gab from the loner to the group
-two- three days
-loner doesn’t have wing feathers yet while the group has a couple grown in

So a mama was broody on eggs, and a couple hatched but after the second day of the hatching she left the eggs. Once she left them, and didn’t touch them for a couple day I decided to grab the eggs and put it in the incubator, in case of any late hatches.
in the end one chick hatched, this was a couple days later from the original hatchlings. After it was all dried off I I put it back with the mama hoping she wouldn’t notice, but she did not accept it. And now it is all alone, for my question I didn’t know if I should take the baby chicks from the mama and put it with the loner, since we might be giving away the baby chicks, because there is too much. Or if baby chicks are normally okay alone And I could just keep it by itself? Anyone reading this if I could know you’re views on this, and/ or any other ideas.
( I didn’t know if anyone needed the age gap but here it is just in case)
age gab from the loner to the group
-two- three days
-loner doesn’t have wing feathers yet while the group has a couple grown in
It sounds like purchasing a friend for it isn't an option, which is what we did for our lone chick, but they don't do well alone. I've see others who have mentioned putting stuffed animals and a mirror with the chick, and be prepared for it to think that you're mom. Chickens are flock animals, and as such, don't do well by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom