Help Blanch is hurt!

Abbclo

Hatching
May 11, 2022
I am looking for advice for my almost 2 month old Cornish hen. I believe he hip/leg is dislocated. She was coming out of the run the other day and got stuck by and exposed wire we did not notice. It was a small little spot we cleaned and put spray on it so it did not get infected. On the second day she could hardly walk we became very concerned we continued to use the spray on her little cut that was all put gone but really kept an eye on her walking.. I thought maybe she was being dramatic.. but day three was worse.. she just lays around keeps he leg straight out behind her and candy hardly get around. She will let me hold her and when I put my hands under her wings I can feel one side doesn't line up like the other.. I'm new with chickens so I am not sure if it's her hip or her leg..she is the sweetest girl and I just want to help her. The other three girls are treating her fine they are just a little clumsy and run into her when she is laying out..she is eating and drinking. She pretty much strays close to the food and water and just lays with her leg out behind her . When we let them out in the yard we have to pick her up and bring her out and she just lays in one spot.

She is a Cornish cross. Their favorite treats are broccoli and mealworms. They have probiotics and amprolium in their water since they are on organic starter/grower feed. When she did get the small cut on her toe I used banixx on it..it was just a little pin hole and healed right up. Her poop is normal she has been eating and drinking. I have been bringing her treats to her the 3 other girls can get a little wild when there are treats. They will all be processed in a few weeks.. that's the said thing.. this is our first time having chickens and I only agreed to having meat chickens because I was going to give them a great life.. and now I feel horrible because she's in pain..just when she tries to get around. I will send pictures..it will most likely be her just laying with her foot out. She is not very heavy she is the smallest out of the crew so I don't think her weight has anything to do with it. I'm just not sure how to tell if it's a sprain or if it is dislocated. I hope it's nothing else.. thank you so much! I will get the picture soon.

Back
Top Bottom