Help! Blue Chicken! (Literally)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by emzee, Jan 14, 2011.

1. emzee

emzee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm going to a chicken show tomorrow and I have a problem. I washed one of my white silkies yesterday and accidentally used too much bluing. I noticed that his wet feathers were blue, while his dry feathers were white. So I thought that once he completely dried he would be totally white. Well, now I'm sure he's dry and he still has a light blue undertone. Should I try to wash it out? If so, what should I wash him in? Or should I just not mess with it and not take him to the show tomorrow?

2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I did the same thing before.....won't come out. I would leave them home.

3. emzee

Aug 18, 2009
    Okay, I figured it probably wouldn't come out and I didn't really feel like washing it multiple times to find out. Thanks!

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    [​IMG] oh no this is one of my anxiety dreams except mine turn green and purple. would a horse manure//green spot out spray work ? whitening toothpaste ? kinda grasping at straws here

5. emzee

Aug 18, 2009
    How do yours turn green and purple??? I don't have any horse manure//green spot out spray and I wouldn't have time to get it, as the show's tomorrow. Whitening toothpaste is a good idea, but I think it would probably just get all gross and sticky. Thanks for the ideas though!

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've seen birds with to much bluing (I mean a totally blue bird!) win at a show before.... I'd still take him/her lol....

Or you could just turn him/her into a blue silkie >.> [​IMG]

7. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    Johnsons Baby Shampoo Will Do It Ir Dawn Soap They Take Oil Off From Wild Birds With It

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by