Help call duck not eating!!!!!!

no the wound dosent smell I check it every day ,he is preening but dosent really go near his chest,I rang the vet yesterday and he said he souldnt still be sore from the bite but I find that hard to believe when he has a 2 inch round scab on his chest,I brought in a lady for him again today and she ate about 5 times the amount he did and she is so busy compared to him ,we stopped feeding him with the syringe two days ago maybe we stopped a bit early so I feed him tonight to see can we perk him up again ,I think I will bring him to the vet again tomorrow although I dont know what he can tell me

Please let us know what the vet says about him, Poor little guy, you are doing your best, hope you see some improvement soon, Is he interested in the little girl at all?

He follows her around a bit but he just keeps sitting down because of his leg he kind of walks on his toes I hope he hasent got anything internal wrong with him but he was more interested in swimming two days after the attack than he is now ,I thought that when we got to this stage we would be fine I just hope that after all this I dont have to put him to sleep

I hope not either, try not to think the worst, and hope for the best. They are such hardy creatures it's sad he's going through this, by the way what does updated Mother mean?

lau.gif
.....I thought maybe I missed out on something being I am a mother of 2 grown children also, ....
roll.png

Hi Sandra,

Just read about your little boy not eating - Julia does not have much of an appetite at the moment - I can only hope your little boy improves - it was suggested to me to feed her eggs - they contain a lot of protein apparently - he may be feeling sorry for himself - he has had such a bad injury and he may be feeling depressed - I am in a situation where I want to let Julia out to mix with her other companions but I am afraid she may not be up to defending herself if she is chased - it is an awful predicament - what can we do for the best?

I wish sometimes I could analyse their thoughts!

He will probably be very sore still - despite what the Vet says. I do hope for your sake that he picks up soon - you have given him so much help that you deserve for him to survive - thinking of you ( and your messy kitchen.....) and hoping that tomorrow is a brighter day for you and him!

Suzie

Hi Suzie ,I tried the eggs but no luck I feed him with syringe again tonight just in case he is still a bit week from not eating for 5 days ,I really dont know what else we can do, I let him out with the others but he just sits down with his sore leg and he seems to have no energy let us both hope they have a better day tomorrow , thinking of you both sandra

Thank you Miss Lydia,

You have been there for both Sandra and myself - helping us through this ordeal - hopefully they will both survive and go on to lead happy and functional lives - it is so hard to see their up 's and down's - one day it looks promising and then there is another day when they don't thrive - BUT I am optimistic for them both that this will resolve in their favour very soon - fingers crossed!

Suzie
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom