Help...Can hear chick chirp in the egg and do I need to do anything.

Hey MagicMarcy, don't you love it when a plan comes together? I was thinking about a cigar for my Japanese bantams that I've had hatch the last few days. If I had a cigar for every one I'd have smoked 36.
sickbyc.gif

All my Japanese hens went broody at the same time. They're like rabbits around here!
Good luck!

It is wonderful when a plan comes together and to sit back and bask in the glow of success, well I should say my hens success. I certainly can't take credit for her diligence and patience. The cigar just makes it even better. But your right 36 cigars would make me green in the face too. But what really gets me is 36 hens going broody all at the same time, I think that would send me over the edge.
I now have two chicks that are really active. I didn't think they would be so independent so quickly. They are such a crack up.

Good luck with your hens!!!

It is wonderful when a plan comes together and to sit back and bask in the glow of success, well I should say my hens success. I certainly can't take credit for her diligence and patience. The cigar just makes it even better. But your right 36 cigars would make me green in the face too. But what really gets me is 36 hens going broody all at the same time, I think that would send me over the edge.
I now have two chicks that are really active. I didn't think they would be so independent so quickly. They are such a crack up.

Good luck with your hens!!!
I didn't have 36 hens go broody at the same time. Wheeew....Don't even think that!
ep.gif
I had 4 hens go broody. I ended up with a count of 39 chicks now. Three more hatched yesterday out of the eggs I put in the incubator that 3 of my hens left in the nest. There're three more in the incubator. Can we say 42?

I didn't have 36 hens go broody at the same time. Wheeew....Don't even think that!
ep.gif
I had 4 hens go broody. I ended up with a count of 39 chicks now. Three more hatched yesterday out of the eggs I put in the incubator that 3 of my hens left in the nest. There're three more in the incubator. Can we say 42?
I'mmmmmmm sooooo confused!!!
hide.gif
I am going to hide due to embarrassment. Sorry Creed the stress levels have just been way to high can you tell?

I have always found that a good mother hen doesnt ever want to leave her nest. I had the best hen that gave me four different hatchlings. I kept her in a pen by herself so the other hens would not bother her. I made sure she had feed and water right there beside her. She drank and ate when she wanted too. I kept everything fresh for her. She would raise up from time to time to use the bathroom. I personally tried to keep it cleaned around her. She would peck at my hand a little just to let me know not mess with her babies. Somehow she knew I was there to help her. She was awesome.

We heard peeping from at least one of our incubated eggs last night and this morning. The suspense is killing me. Don't see any cracks in any shells yet. This is our first time. Haven't even had our chickens a year yet! Who would of thought egg hatching could be so eggciting!!!!

Oh wait, I stand corrected, the egg I have been focusing on hasn't pipped, but another one has!!!!! Omg, my heart is racing! I could get addicted to this easily! Uh oh!
1f60a.png

Hi everyone lots of???? My eggs started piping yesterday morning and i learned not to help them out as much as i want to but didn't so this morning i woke up in noticed that the chicks weren't piping so i decide to help in discovered that they were dead can anyone tell me what could have happened, is to much humility bad? Thanks Johnny.

Hi everyone lots of???? My eggs started piping yesterday morning and i learned not to help them out as much as i want to but didn't so this morning i woke up in noticed that the chicks weren't piping so i decide to help in discovered that they were dead can anyone tell me what could have happened, is to much humility bad? Thanks Johnny.
There are a lot of things that could have happened, the only way to make a guess is by eggtopsy and recording or taking a pic of the findings to determine the possibilities. Yes, too much humidity over the average of the hatch is bad. If your humidity is too high during the incubation it will not allow the egg to loose an adequate amount of moisture and your chick can drown. On the other hand if your humidity is too low, they can loose too much moisture and become shrink wrapped in the shell by the membrane. This is why it is important to monitor your air cells during incubation and make sure they are on track and growing at the right rate. (You can also weigh the eggs to make sure that they are loosing the adequate amount of weight.)

Back
Top Bottom