Help...Can hear chick chirp in the egg and do I need to do anything.

Thank you. Now Ibread some people say to keep the chick in the incubator for a couple of days. My friend said no longer than one day and others say once they are fluffed up... incubator is around 100 for the two other eggs...
It will be 10 hours when I return home today... should I leave baby overnight in the incubator?
Thank you again!!!

Totally up to you. As long as you have a brooder with one end heated to 95ish, you can move them when you are comfortable. There is no right or wrong answer there. People do things differently, that's all.

Thank you so much to all of you! This is a miracle! All 3 eggs hatched: the last one 1 hour ago!
I am so happy to have babies from my beloved hen Chica! I am sure she is watching us where ever she is... please help me raise your babies the way you would have...
now another question: I know these chicks can stay a few days (3 max) without food. How about water? The older one pecked at the feed. I tried to show them the water and put a drop on my finger nail... may I use a spoon to give them water? Sooon next to their tiny little beak?
Thank you!!!

I meant a spoon with water next to their beak!
Should I also lower the incubator 's temperature to 95 instead of the 100 setup right now?
Thank you!!!

We took our broody hen out to go poop this afternoon and while she was out I decided to candle the eggs quickly and in egg #4 I could hear the chick peeping.  I called my son to bring Bertha back in and put her immediately on the eggs again.  Egg #4 was the only egg I heard peeping from.  I also noticed the air sac has changed size and shape.  It has enlarged.  I am so scared I have caused grave harm to this chick, and I sure hope not.

How long will the peeping go on but no piping(no shell cracks to show the hatching process is taking place)?  My husband and kids have all firmly agreed that if these chicks can not hatch on there own then they would not be good additions to our flock.  We believe in survival of the fittest. 

We are really hoping that the hen will do her job and I really think she will because we almost lost her a couple weeks ago because she would not leave the nest to eat or drink so she is now residing in my bedroom in a Veri-kennel.

Any advice is welcome so I can have an educated understanding of this process.

Lisa
Your chick is fine my broodys get off the eggs all the time to eat drink and take care of there necessaries same happens in the wild

Thank you so much to all of you! This is a miracle! All 3 eggs hatched: the last one 1 hour ago!
I am so happy to have babies from my beloved hen Chica! I am sure she is watching us where ever she is... please help me raise your babies the way you would have...
now another question: I know these chicks can stay a few days (3 max) without food. How about water? The older one pecked at the feed. I tried to show them the water and put a drop on my finger nail... may I use a spoon to give them water? Sooon next to their tiny little beak?
Thank you!!!

They will eat and drink when they are ready. I've never had to feed or force water a chick yet. If all are hatched and your brooder is set up, you can move them to the brooder.

All babies are happy and healthy! Eating and drinking just fine! I am sooooo happy ! Thank you all for your great advices: yes nature does it all and I was so lucky these girls (they have to be hens!!!) found food and water! Cutest little ones with 3 different colors! I know my little Chica is proud of her babies! Aloha Aina

All babies are happy and healthy! Eating and drinking just fine! I am sooooo happy ! Thank you all for your great advices: yes nature does it all and I was so lucky these girls (they have to be hens!!!) found food and water! Cutest little ones with 3 different colors! I know my little Chica is proud of her babies! Aloha Aina

Congrats.

Dear all! One update on the babies: now one week old and get their first hunting bugs trip Tuesday! So cool to watch them catch bugs! Today I finally get a chance to buy an infrared heating bulb to replace the white light heating bulb. I didn't buy the infrared at first because that bulb is 250 W and the white light is 150 W and I was afraid it would be too much heat. Tonight I must say that the babies are probably much happier are they are all sleeping instead of zooming around all night like they used to do! So I would recommend to buy an infrared bulb to preserve their sleeping pattern! I did tuck them under my shirt everyday for about an hour and was amazed to see them fall asleep right away!
On another note: I noticed one chick has straight up "thumb" while the others have that "finger" more flat on the ground. So I am guessing that I have one rooster... Do you guys have any cue?
I'll try again the "no-crow" collar if I have one rooster... Aloha Aina

My hen has been on her eggs for 19 days now. She's doing good comes off her nest to fluff eat drink poop. I'm wondering what does the hen do when she hears the chicks starting to peep? When they start piping and zipping does she get off the nest or still sit on them??

My hen has been on her eggs for 19 days now. She's doing good comes off her nest to fluff eat drink poop. I'm wondering what does the hen do when she hears the chicks starting to peep? When they start piping and zipping does she get off the nest or still sit on them??
I should say this is my first hatching and I plan to let the hen look after them she's in her own space not with the others

Back
Top Bottom