Help! Chicken acting off, Breathing heavier then usual, laying down in random places?

What is MG/CRD?
Can I eat her eggs if I'm treating with those meds?

Mycoplasma gallisepticum is a Bacteria that cause chronic respiratory disease (CRD) classic symptoms are the same u mentioned "Wheezing Rattling Sneezing watery eyes" treating with medicine the symptoms will gone in 2 days and chicken get back normal

She lived through the night!
I am giving her some warm VetRX, And Electrolytes mixed in water, with some garlic in yogurt, Apple Cider vinegar and water and Thats it, for now.
I'm not sure if its URI, she seems pretty much fine now.

Tylan 50 injectable for cattle is the right medicine to use. That is given orally or by injection. Dosage is 0.2 ml per pound given 2-3 times daily for 5 days. Tylan powder for putting in the water is only available by a vet prescription. MG is a chronic respiratory disease. It will never be cured, but symptoms may go away. It can come back on them later if they become stressed, such as during a molt or very cold weather. She and the rest of your flock will become carriers for life. It can be transferred through hatching eggs to baby chicks. Eggs are safe to eat after 1 days’ time once drug is withdrawn.

@Cluckcluck1215 How is she today?

Just curious - She is 2yrs old? How long have you had her, have you added new chickens lately or have you ever had any other chickens with a history of respiratory illness?
She is a bit better, she isn't wheezing or raspy breathing anymore.
2 yrs. she will be 3 in June.
I've had her since she was 2 days old, Nope, the last time I added new chickens was 2 years ago, and no, I've never had a bird have CRI, URI.

Back
Top Bottom