Help! Chicken cant breathe

Please do not poke anything! A hen that is gasping for air will also swallow air into her crop, so if the air is in the crop you do not want to poke that. If air is in the crop you should be able to massage it up and out.
Thank you! I wasn't about to I was just trying to gather more information about what to do, if I absolutely need to do so

Thank you! I wasn't about to I was just trying to gather more information about what to do, if I absolutely need to do so
If it is a ruptured air sac then poking it with a needle might help, but poking a crop full of air would be harmful. Can you post some pictures?

She is doing so much better, still not quite sure what happened but she is walking around and drinking more than this morning. Thank you everyone!! :love
20190410_170159.jpg
20190410_170150.jpg

She is still coughing a little bit, so I went and got some bird biotic and put it in their water to treat the whole flock, is there anything else I should do or look for? Also I know this is kinda gross and on a different topic but I noticed some of my chickens have rather dark poop lately should I be concerened? 20190404_144154.jpg

She is still coughing a little bit, so I went and got some bird biotic and put it in their water to treat the whole flock, is there anything else I should do or look for? Also I know this is kinda gross and on a different topic but I noticed some of my chickens have rather dark poop lately should I be concerened?View attachment 1733961

That looks like cecal poop to me … totally normal in my experience.

Here's a good article … the scoop … on poop. =) Lots of pictures.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/

She is doing a lot better, but it seems like after her the rest of the flock caught it, but they are doing better now. There wasn't much that I could do I just had to let them get over what they had but I gave them vitamins and electrolytes, which seemed to help a lot

Back
Top Bottom