Help!! Chicken with sprained or broken neck!! Help!!!

Chickens need quiet and dark after a trauma like this ..i Usually shut my poorly in a large box in the shed , I make sure there’s water & food near but bother them as little as i can . Check on him every couple of hours. I don’t ever force feed..I figure when they feel better they’ll eat.
Chickens don’t need comforting by being held like some animals ( or humans) do. The kindest thing is to let him rest somewhere warm quiet dark and see what happens .
❤️

Chickens need quiet and dark after a trauma like this ..i Usually shut my poorly in a large box in the shed , I make sure there’s water & food near but bother them as little as i can . Check on him every couple of hours. I don’t ever force feed..I figure when they feel better they’ll eat.
Chickens don’t need comforting by being held like some animals ( or humans) do. The kindest thing is to let him rest somewhere warm quiet dark and see what happens .
❤️

x2. Minimal handling and only wound assessment to start with. Not a popular position here, and things could get missed that may have needed addressed sooner, but I've seen some miraculous recoveries with very little intervention.

Chicken Update: he can stand up on his own, but still cannot keep his balance. Making clucking noise.Thank you chasingcars!! I will put him in my closet. It is cold where we live, so i cannot put him in the shed.:thumbsup:thumbsup:hugs
In your nice warm room is *perfect* or him, especially if he can stand and is clucking. Dark is good, but if he is standing now he should have access to water and food. :)

Back
Top Bottom