HELP chicks vent is sticking out and making a noise

I just picked up a chick today with the same issue except she has no fuzz on her butt at all. Its bald! I didn't notice until I got her home. The other chicks were picking at her butt at first but now they are not. After reading through this thread I am going to put her hiney is some warm water and is there anything else I can use besides prep H I have none of that at the moment. Is this something I should let the person who sold me this chick know? It is a Cochin chick. I have raised 2 sets of chicks this is my 3rd and pasty butt was an easy fix clean with my others and problem fixed. I have never seen this before. It makes me nervous. She honestly looked a little dirty so I cant take her back. I can keep her healthy and clean here. I just wont be buying from this lady again.

I also just brought a chick home today with this same issue...my daughter had picked it out and wanted it. It was running around fine at the store and blended in with the other chicks. I thought...whats one more chick. When we get home I noticed the same bare bottom. I also noticed this chick was thin and had a few more feathers than others its size. Her bottom did have a touch of dried poo. I soaked her bottom and got the poo off. I wish I would have seen this post earlier about prep h or sugar. I will start all of that tomorrow. Im just curious, can someone tell me why the apple cider vinegar is helpful? Im glad someone else had this issue and posted a pic. Its always nice to find the info you are looking for :) Hope everyone's chicks are doing well.

Here's what I'm dealing with. The vent is popped out Just hard to see at this angle. I'm wondering if it never goes back can they survive this way?

Back
Top Bottom