Help corrid question.

Kels96

Hatching
Jun 2, 2023
Can you give few week old baby chicks corrid? I had one randomly die today im not sure if blood from the chicks pecking it or poop was bloody. If you can what is the dosage?

Chicks typically can get coccidiosis around 3 weeks old up to 12 weeks. Do you have pictures of the poop or the chick? Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Change it daily. Divide the gallon dosage by 4 for a quart waterer. They will drink for their age, and that is the same dosage for any size. Welcome to BYC.

Chicks typically can get coccidiosis around 3 weeks old up to 12 weeks. Do you have pictures of the poop or the chick? Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Change it daily. Divide the gallon dosage by 4 for a quart waterer. They will drink for their age, and that is the same dosage for any size. Welcome to BYC.
Yes I will get a picture another one got some red in there poop! I have them on rural kings medicated food but I guess it isn't helping! I appreciate it so much there about 4/5 weeks so I was nervous but I think I'll do the corrid and then maybe run some vitamins in them after.

Last edited:
Yes I will get a picture another one got some red in there poop! I have them on rural kings medicated food but I guess it isn't helping! I appreciate it so much there about 4/5 weeks so I was nervous but I think I'll do the corrid and then maybe run some vitamins in them after.
Do NOT give them any vitamins containing Thiamine while giving them Corid.
Corid is a Thiamine blocker. I'd wait awhile after using Corid before giving them vitamins.

Do NOT give them any vitamins containing Thiamine while giving them Corid.
Corid is a Thiamine blocker. I'd wait awhile after using Corid before giving them vitamins.
Yes! Lol it the post I said after the corrid I'd give them vitamins! Thank you I definitely didn't know about the thiamine thing I never try to mix anything I just usually like to run vitamins after using any medication!

Back
Top Bottom