HELP - Curled Toe - Pics

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
I did a search for this and found some threads but all the pictures had been removed so I am unsure if any of them are exactly like what my baby has. She is about 10 days old and I just noticed this tonight. We have had her for 4 days and bought her from the feed store. This does not seem to keep her from getting around but if it gets worse I think it might. I have them on sand so there is nothing slippery but I think they were on wire or paper at the feed store.

Do I need to worry about this or try to fix it??

My Speckled Sussex has the same thing on one of her toes. I noticed it when she was about a week old. I read about treating it, but decided since It did not keep her from getting about and did not seem to hurt her just to let it be. She is now 4 months old has not had any problems with it and does everything the other chickens do. .

I had a similar problem with a few chicks, it was called crooked toes, I tried to fix it, never worked, they were fine and had no issue getting around when they grew up.

I think I am going to try some Save A Chick and to make a boot. I have not been able to find a good picture example or directions for that. Anyone have some they can share?

I think I am going to try some Save A Chick and to make a boot. I have not been able to find a good picture example or directions for that. Anyone have some they can share?
I made a chick shoe for one of my chicks who had more severe curled toes.

This is my blog on my website, and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see instructions. If it doesn't help, let me know.
http://mybackyardbantams.weebly.com/our-blog.html

Back
Top Bottom