HELP - dead chicks??

Pics
Apr 20, 2022
We brought home two salmon favarolles, a red blue laced Wyandotte and a lavender Orpington for our spring brood this year.

I’ve set them up the same way we have for all our spring chicks the last 4 years.

Temp in the brooder is 90-95.

When I checked on them last night, they were all snuggled up and sleeping just fine.

One of the salmon favarolles had been a bit sleepy yesterday, but I figured she’d perk up after a day of rest after coming home.

I woke up this morning to two dead chicks 😭 the listless salmon favarolle and the BLW.

The lavender Orpington is busy and cheeping and running around, but the second favarolle is now listless as well.

HELP!! I tried feeding the favarolle egg yolk, but she isn’t having it 😩

The listless/passed away favarolle had a very small amount of green poop on her bum, I noticed this morning when I removed her.

What happened??! I’ve never lost a chick and I am so, so sad. Wanting to keep the other two healthy. Help!!

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 126
IFA. I’ve been looking everywhere on their website for info on the bulb - it doesn’t say “safety coated” on the box. I usually buy our bulbs from Tractor Supply - maybe this different brand is the issue..?? Ugh
I wouldn't worry too much abut the bulb. They might have gotten cold in shipping, they often don't bounce back.

IFA. I’ve been looking everywhere on their website for info on the bulb - it doesn’t say “safety coated” on the box. I usually buy our bulbs from Tractor Supply - maybe this different brand is the issue..?? Ugh
If the bulb is Teflon coated, it is the problem. Teflon kills birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom