Help! Diarrhea and acting odd

Roundworms are the only worms seen in the droppings, and you may only see them on occasion or not at all. Chickens can have quite a few different worms, most of which are too small to see in the droppings.

Can I give my chicken safeguard and corid at the same time? Maybe one in the morning and one in the evening? She has had runny poop for longer than 8 days and she still is alive so I am starting to lean away from cocci. I started the corid by mouth 3 days ago and poop is still runny. I tried safeguard a few weeks ago but I don't think I gave her enough and I was also giving her supplements and probiotic yogurt at the same time. I was only giving her .5ml of the safeguard she was 5lbs, now just under 4lbs.

Last edited:
I hope your chicken gets better:) I'm having similar issues, mine has had runny poop for 2 or 3 days now. She still has color and doesn't look any thinner though.

Can I give my chicken safeguard and corid at the same time? Maybe one in the morning and one in the evening? She has had runny poop for longer than 8 days and she still is alive so I am starting to lean away from cocci. I started the corid by mouth 3 days ago and poop is still runny. I tried safeguard a few weeks ago but I don't think I gave her enough and I was also giving her supplements and probiotic yogurt at the same time. I was only giving her .5ml of the safeguard she was 5lbs, now just under 4lbs.
If she were my hen and I wanted to rule out worms I would give her 0.9ml for five days. Some will say not to give Corid and Safeguard, but I do and have seen no side effects doing so, nor have I read of any drug interactions between them.

Can you post a picture of the poop?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom