HELP DUCKLING ACTING WEIRD

Well like @CayugaJana mentioned Pekins can an do breathe with their mouths open and pant so this maybe just a normal thing with Pekins. Hopefully it’s just normal with your little one but just keep an eye on her. If she is eating good and interacting with her buddy more than likely she is fine.

Well like @CayugaJana mentioned Pekins can an do breathe with their mouths open and pant so this maybe just a normal thing with Pekins. Hopefully it’s just normal with your little one but just keep an eye on her. If she is eating good and interacting with her buddy more than likely she is fine.
I hope so. I’m just extra cautious after losing some of my babies near and dear to my heart and I currently have a big baby who will be 4 years old this year, his name is Pinky and he is a pekin as well. Sadie and Bean are definitely the most clean ducks I’ve had and the most well behaved, they know no means no! As soon as I use a stern voice they just kind of stare at me like “ok dude whatever” and move on to doing something else! Do you think maybe something didn’t develop all the way with her lungs?

Attachments

• D0AC5809-8610-46B8-B233-DE1B7C9FB8BE.png
    D0AC5809-8610-46B8-B233-DE1B7C9FB8BE.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
How precious. You have some smart ducks. As for immature lungs that I don’t know could be possible but only a vet could tell you for sure. Hopefully it’s something she’ll either grow out of or it’s just her and just normal for her. I can truly understand your being concerned but your doing all you can to keep them healthy and happy so just enjoy them. I’d def give them a waterer they can dunk their heads into anytime they want especially when eating. And your feeder maybe getting to small since it’s for chicks and ducklings have wider bills. You can use a plastic cool whip bowl with a lid cut a hole large enough they can stick their heads into and enlarge as they grow for their waterer.

Last edited:
How precious. You have some smart ducks. As for immature lungs that I don’t know could be possible but only a vet could tell you for sure. Hopefully it’s something she’ll either grow out of or it’s just her and just normal for her. I can truly understand your being concerned but your doing all you can to keep them healthy and happy so just enjoy them. I’d def give them a waterer they can dunk their heads into anytime they want especially when eating. And your feeder maybe getting to small since it’s for chicks and ducklings have wider bills. You can use a plastic cool whip bowl with a lid cut a hole large enough they can stick their heads into and enlarge as they grow for their waterer.
That’s true. I totally bought it (the feeder) on a whim. I saw it and I thought maybe it would help keeping the bin a little more clean. What type of waterer would you recommend?

It’s really hard to say what could be wrong without seeing a video. There could be something we are missing that’s hard to describe over the internet. Let me see if I can pull up my videos of my Pekins. What is their age again?
They are about 3 weeks old!

I can’t find my videos. But my Pekins start panting around 70 degrees. And I know you have experience with them as well. @onaharley had the same concern with her Pekins last year. But one of them just ended up breathing different and with a whistle if I remember correctly?

Back
Top Bottom