HELP! Duckling can't breathe

Lovinglucy

Hatching
Apr 5, 2018
My duckling is about 10 weeks old and is recovering from a calcium deficiency. She suddenly lost the ability to breathe through her nose. She's breathing slightly through her mouth but CPR isn't working and I'm starting to see discoloration in her beak. Her heartbeat is slowly getting weaker!!

Holy crud! Is she at all conscious?? If you put water in front of her will she dip her beak in?? I'm so sorry I wish I knew the right thing to do, I'm hoping someone experienced with ducks will help you

Holy crud! Is she at all conscious?? If you put water in front of her will she dip her beak in?? I'm so sorry I wish I knew the right thing to do, I'm hoping someone experienced with ducks will help you

She is conscious. And trying so hard to stay alive. She will dip her beak in water but she can't drink. She'll just move her beak around in there without closing it

My advice is get her to a vet. I just lost one of mine this morning to pneumonia, they gave him oxygen all night and the vet said that made him feel a lot better. I took him too late to save him but I’m glad he had the extra oxygen

My advice is get her to a vet. I just lost one of mine this morning to pneumonia, they gave him oxygen all night and the vet said that made him feel a lot better. I took him too late to save him but I’m glad he had the extra oxygen
Unfortunatly no vet is available for another 14 or so hours

Back
Top Bottom