HELP DUCKS ATTACHED

Mbarrett

In the Brooder
May 1, 2023
West Winfield NY
This morning between 7-9 am my ducks were attacked. They are free range with a Chinese goose. One male pekin survived with a tore up neck. 2 were missing and I found 1 about 150 yards away in the woods without her head/neck. The other one has still yet to be found. What could have done this? PLZ HELP!

Attachments

• IMG_9944.jpeg
    IMG_9944.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 44
:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Predators are feeding young now. I would guess it might be a fox/coyote/bobcat. Be prepared as it will most likely return.
X2 - raccoons and foxes will kill just to kill. I've heard stories of them taking out a whole flock ina. Single night. And once they happen upon a batch of birds, they won't stop until they have cleaned them out.

If it is legal in your area, I'd set some traps up or you are going to have a problem of epic proportions.

X2 - raccoons and foxes will kill just to kill. I've heard stories of them taking out a whole flock ina. Single night. And once they happen upon a batch of birds, they won't stop until they have cleaned them out.

If it is legal in your area, I'd set some traps up or you are going to have a problem of epic proportions.
Yeah I’m gonna have to. The remaining 2 and the goose have been fine so far (knock on wood) but they can fly and the goose is very big and loud

Yeah I’m gonna have to. The remaining 2 and the goose have been fine so far (knock on wood) but they can fly and the goose is very big and loud
They are completely free range, then? They don't have a secure place to spend the night?

Back
Top Bottom