Help! Ducks foot fell off!!

Sorry I was thinking negatives was the same as freezing.😂😬 it’s been that cold for about two weeks. But it gets up to 50s during the day. Idk if she could’ve been in her pool and it froze around her cuz she doesn’t swim at night and that’s when her pool freezes. I got pictures. I put her in the warm bath and she loved it, she was kicking me pretty hard when I picked her up so at least she can move her legs.

5A797127-CB01-4937-869D-45B42F5C90E5.jpeg

Okay so she got scared out of the pool by some construction on their house and then she ran away from me. I got her in this black tote to keep her cleaner and then she flew out of it and bolted to her flock. Now she is running away from me again. Not sure if that’s bad or good. Also her poop looks really weird F294ED7E-34CA-427C-8387-0F10C7FAE8DB.jpeg 6D866A7C-E1E9-403E-A74C-C89B4A0DE751.jpeg

It definitely look like something is going on. Do you have rats by any chance?
Just a warning though - I just read through a thread the other day where a duck lost one toe like that and eventually lost the whole foot. I think the duck tore its foot somehow. But, not sure what caused it to lose the whole foot. It seemed to do well even with a stub.

Honestly we could have rats. Just lost both our cats this summer so we don’t have any more live mouse traps. And we have caught a lot of mice in their pools. (They have caught mice and tried eating them before) do you think she would sit still long enough for a rat to chew off her toe and web tho?

yes, they are in an enclose house at night. But it is cold because we keep it not insulated for summer (today we are actually winterizing it) it looked like the water froze on her back with dirt (which was weird because my Pekins usually stay vary clean)

I would not leave water out that they can get into when it's going to freeze. Some years back a duck slept in his pool overnight and his feet froze he lost both feet, I followed the thread for quite a while, and then the op stopped posting. So we never knew how it turned out. You need to get her inside out of the dirt. You also might want to think of an antibiotic since bacteria is probably into the wound now. And try and get some real good pics of her foot. Wrap her in a towel so she can't fight you. The best way in the world to treat a duck.

Back
Top Bottom