HELP....Egg bound?!

thebestcasey

Chirping
Jun 9, 2019
Quebec Canada
Long story short....purchased 3 hens from a person selling 1yr old hens. I bought 3. Ive had them for 6 days and I think something is majorly wrong with one or all of the hens. All of them had a BAD case of scaly leg. I treated with vaseline. No eggs from Day 1 from all hens.
3 days later...Scaly leg is looking so much better with the daily applications if vaseline. Its Epsom salt bath time. I started with the worst hit hen with scaly leg. Her abdomen is swollen, red and her vent area has cemented feces stuck to many feathers. I cant get it all. Im not sure what the heck is going on but i hope i can help her but please help me with some advice. Ill provide 2 pics for you guys. I can post more if needed. Please remember. I bought these hens 6 days ago...Ive worried since there have been no eggs and I had no idea anything may have been wrong with them when i bought them. Im now worried.

I dont even know where to start.

Attachments

• 20190626_184805.jpg
    20190626_184805.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190626_193115.jpg
    20190626_193115.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 5
I have no advice beyond OUCH. :(

Continue the epsom salt baths and maybe try to lube up the vent? Can you probe the vent and feel the egg?

Also do these chickens have visible mites around their vent area?

Back
Top Bottom