HELP....EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

Do just leave it? I don't need to wrap a warm cloth around him?

NO warm cloth, that was just in case YOU Felt like he or she was in trouble and you needed to interveen. I'm not there so I was just giving advice just in case it looked like things were NOT working to the chicks advantage..

OMG THATS GREAT!!! SO WONDERFULL TO HEAR..

yuckyuck.gif

I'm A lil TURKEY MAMA!!!! He/She is completely out, seems to still be attached to a tiny vessel because every time it moves to get up a part of the bottom egg moves too. Egg yolk is also completely absorbed but some weird yellow/brownish curdled thing is on its back...anyone know what that is? and it seems as if it's having a hard time lifting its head up..is this normal too? oh, i hear it peeping in the other room...gotta run!!! :)

Yep... chicks are pretty wobbly for the first day. Might have some gunk attached to its rear/the shell, but it should dry and fall off. Congratulations!! So happy for you :) Any signs of life in the others yet?

Okay, now a NEW problem...red bulge from its bottom area. Ugh..always something, i tell ya! I can't tell if its from the butt, vent or naval...still in the incubator and can't get a good look. But its protruding outwards, looks as if it should be on the inside. I didn't notice it before til now because its laying on its side. Still peeping though and moving around, still hasn't gotten on its feet though. Any idea what this is? Please tell me its not intestines????

It might be a little bit of bloody yolk sac or something... hard to say without being able to see it. The best thing you can do is let it recover from the hatching and dry out. Again, more waiting! Hopefully it's nothing major.

dry out? now I'm really confused, some posts said to keep the humidity up to keep the area moist. Now im clueless to whether I should decrease or increase the humidity ??? AHHHH

Don't mess with anything right now.

Now that it's out of the egg, it will dry out and fluff up. Personally, I think most chicks when they first hatch look like there's something alarming wrong with them. She will be chirping like crazy, I think it's them encouraging the others to hatch.

I would try not to worry about it too much yet.

Well she's still chirping and kicking her legs but still hasn't gotten up or even raised her head. It's only been 3 hours since fully hatched..so I hope thats normal. I currently have her laying on a warm towel, she looked cold, shivering, although temp is at 99. Since then the shivering has stopped. In another post, under emergencies, ppl are saying it sounds like an unabsorbed egg yolk, so thats what I'm chalking it up to be. It was suggested to lay her on a moist paper towel, to keep that area mooist so it can fully absorb.

Back
Top Bottom