HELP....EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

judsenn

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2012
I just got back from a 3 day vacation, my eggs are due to hatch TODAY but I just noticed they were set UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!! How stupid of me, don't know WHAT I was thinking!!!!! I quick put them on their side, out of the egg carton I had them in, and candled one...that one is still moving...Is there ANY hope they will make it?????? I could just cry right now! :(

I wouldn't fret about it that much. I'm sure they'll be fine.

The biggest thing would've been the drop in humidity when you opened the incubator, but if nothing had pipped yet, even that wouldn't be a big deal.

I wouldn't fret about it that much. I'm sure they'll be fine.

The biggest thing would've been the drop in humidity when you opened the incubator, but if nothing had pipped yet, even that wouldn't be a big deal.

I thought about that, so I opened it while I had a hot steamy shower going, the humidity rose from 56% to 65%, temp stayed the same. I wish someone knew if I should have let them be after being in lockdown for 3 days and them already being positioned, or if laying them on their sides was the better option. AUGH!!! The next 24 hours are going to be hell on earth. :(

Egg number 2 just externally pipped!!!!!! I think my lil turkeys have a chance!!!

Personally, I would've done exactly the same as you.

I'm not sure if that's comforting or not, as I'm not so good with the "lockdown" part of lockdown. LOL

Yay for pips!

This is crazy, I should be curled up in bed, but instead i'm checking them every 10 minutes! haha. I'll get a life soon and go to bed and hope for more progress tomorrow morning. :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
This is crazy, I should be curled up in bed, but instead i'm checking them every 10 minutes! haha. I'll get a life soon and go to bed and hope for more progress tomorrow morning. :)
FYI, this is where the addictions comes in, you know you should get some sleep and yet you will find yourself staring at the incubator... After a while your mind and eyes will play tricks on you and you will think the eggs are moving when in fact they aren't, I think this is worst then smoking..I have watch the bator for soooo long that I have actually fell asleep on it..... Good luck on controlling the addiction....... But remember, we all have done it.. Lol....

FYI, this is where the addictions comes in, you know you should get some sleep and yet you will find yourself staring at the incubator... After a while your mind and eyes will play tricks on you and you will think the eggs are moving when in fact they aren't, I think this is worst then smoking..I have watch the bator for soooo long that I have actually fell asleep on it..... Good luck on controlling the addiction....... But remember, we all have done it.. Lol....

yuckyuck.gif

Update: No progress :( Still just the 1 egg with a small pip. I've read that it can still take awhile after the first pip so of course I am gonna hold off on any interventions, but this suspense is KILLING me. I don't think it would be this bad if I hadn't put them in the wrong way, although now my mind IS playing tricks on me and I'm thinking maybe they were the right way and I thought they looked upside down and panicked and laid them on their side...ugh I think I'm going nuts here. I KNEW they were supposed to be broadside up, that's why I have a hard time coming to terms with the idea of me putting them in wrong. I even went downstairs and checked my 15 resting turkey eggs and they are all laying broadside up so I don't get it...although they are so big at first I thought they were in there wrong too. I am on 29 days (1 day overdue) Any suggestions would be helpful...should I candle them to see if there is still any life? Float test? Intervene, Or just wait??? Since the one has a small pip now I am leaning towards NOT opening it, but of course I'd run the shower and keep it nice and steamy while examining them. PLEASE HELP

Back
Top Bottom